Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

"Green" Tree

This week the CASology challenge #7 clue word is "green." When I first thought of this I thought of the color green but then also the thought of "being green" entered my mind; the idea of doing what we can to save this beautiful planet that God has entrusted us with. While I do a little, I could do much more to help our planet. ANYWAYS...this is my take on the CASology challenge this week...
When I think of "being green" trees always enter my mind. I used the Betsy's Blossoms large stamp and stamped it 3 times; once with Gumball Green, Lucky Limeade, and Certainly Celery. I then used the 2 1/2, 1 3/4 and 1 inch punches to punch out and layer the tree. I like how this gave the tree some dimension. The trunk of the tree was cut out freehand using the Core'dinations paper. I then used the Wood grain Impressions folder to add some texture to the truck.. The grass is a stamp from the Dinoroar stamp set and the sentiment is from the Hostess Set Summer Afternoon. I thought by adding a heart this would be another subtle touch of how we should care about our beautiful planet and all God has blessed us with.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

 

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic card! I love your creative use of the Betsy's Blossoms stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an absolutely fun take on the cue word!! love how you layered up the circles to create the depth on the tree! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic Aimee. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous tree! So creative and the sentiment is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you created your gorgeous tree! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really cool idea! Sorry for the late post - I've been away, but I'm really glad you played along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great idea!

    I also wanted to Welcome you to the Late Night Stampers Group. We are having a Fall Treasure Hunt right now and if you would like to participate, stop by our group board on SC.

    ReplyDelete