Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Livin' the Life!

I have had a lot of fun with the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #119 this week! It has taken me a few days to complete this card. I had actually started with another design and it was not working out. When I saw FMS, I knew I could make it work! This card is for my friend who has started the Disney College Program and I am so excited to be sending her some Disney themed cards.



I decided to flip the sketch and I also decided to try the Undefined Kit for the first time. This is a kit sold by Stampin' Up that allows to you design and carve your own stamp. I made a Spiral design. I used it to stamp a background where the Minnie head was placed. I also added it to the black and white banner as some contrast. This was a lot of fun and very forgiving. I liked the fact that this stamp wasn't PERFECT but perfect for ME!
I wanted to add a little pizazz to the sentiment so I colored the sentiment with my Stampin' Write Markers. I love how well this works. I used some circle punches for the Minnie head and hand cut the bow.

If you haven't tried the Undefined Kit yet, I suggest you give it a whirl! It opened up a whole new world for me!!
Thanks for stopping by!!
 
Stamps: Undefined Kit (Swirl), Really Good Greetings
Paper: Basic BlackCS, Whisper White CS, Polka Dot Parade DSP Daffodil Delight CS
Ink: Daffodil Delight, StazOn Black, Real Red, Stampin Write Markers: Real Red, Basic Black, Crushed Curry
Accessories: Candy Dots, Dimensionals
Tools: Circle punches, Square Framelits
 

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Love your undefined swirl and I love the Minnie outline! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Aimee! Love that little Minnie Mouse! Great Disney colours! I still haven't tried the Undefined yet....I haven't worked up the courage! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete