Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Dynamic Duo Birthday

I decided to add another post today. I made this card for my wonderful friend Patty! She is vibrant and full of life and a lot of fun to be around! We have been friends for a long time and I look forward to what crazy things we get into in the future! I decided to use the Dynamic Duo color challenge to design a fun birthday card for her.
She LOVES embossing so I embossing all the stamped images on this card. For the sentiment I used Melon Mambo and Black Embossing powder. I stamped in VersaMark then added the black to the areas I wanted. Then I covered the rest with the Melon Mambo being sure not to then mix the colors in the containers. :)  I set it with the heat gun and this was the result. The flourishes were from Everything Eleanor which were embossed too. I used the new Finishing Edgelits for the first time and LOVED the femininity it adds to the card. Of course I added some "bling" for my friend!
Thanks for stopping by!!
Aimee

4 comments:

  1. I love your multi-coloured embossed 'Birthday' sentiment. Such a vibrant and striking card. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun birthday card! Love the way you tied your ribbon around the card and the two-color sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so thoughtful of you to use a technique that your friend likes!! I love the effect of two embossed colors. The sentiment is so nice on that die cut. So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool look with the multi-colored embossing, Aimee! Love the stamped background and the blinged out accents. So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete