Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Happy 40th Birthday!

One of my most wonderful friends had turned 40 this week! She is an absolute delight and she makes me laugh ALL THE TIME! At 40 years old, she is in the best shape of her life and preparing for her first Chicago Marathon! I am so proud of you Janell Fuller!!!
Here is a special card I made for this special lady on her special day!!
There are a lot of "firsts" for me on this card. The dimensions of this card is 6x6...that is a first. I usually only create cards that I can easily mail. I am going to be handing it to her so this gave me more flexibility in creating.

I also don't do a lot to decorate the inside of my cards but this was screaming , "Circle Circus!" That is one of my favorite stamp sets to use. I punched out some circles to add some more pizazz. I used the 2 1/2 inch circle punch to for the base of the spring. I then cut in a rotary method to form a spring for the "40" to be glued to. I used the Big Shot Adhesive sheets over Pacific Point card stock then cut out the numbers.(non SU) I peeled back the layer of adhesive sheet to reveal the sticky portion and added retired glitter.
 Here is a close up... 
This is a first for me to try a 3D effect on the inside of a card and I loved the way it turned out!
Thanks for stopping by!!
Aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment