Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Wedding Album Card

A good friend and coworker of mine, Lori, is getting married next weekend, and I was in charge of making a card for her. I needed to make a card large enough for several people to sign. As I started to think about the design I decided to make her more of a "keepsake" card. Once of my favorite 3D items to make is a mini photo album. Since I have a love for photography, I love to give people pictures too! I decided to make her a "card" that would also have places to put pictures from her wedding. I will be taking the pictures at the wedding to be added to the "card" later.
Here is the front...
Front with band on
Front with band off
This album measures 5 1/2 x 6 x 1inch when closed. I used a "slip off" band to keep the album closed. I wanted to add layering so when the band is removed the card still looks complete. Lori's favorite color is purple, so Elegant Eggplant and Wisteria Wonder were my colors of choice. I added some So Saffron flowers for a little contrast. Since this is for a wedding card, I also added some glimmer paper whenever I could without making it too "elegant."
Side view of album closed

This is a how it appears as it opens. On the right is where a picture can be placed.

When the album is fully opened you will see four panels. These are the two panels on the left side. On the flip pages is where we will sign. Later this can easily be adapted to place more photographs.
 
This is the right two panels when the album is fully opened where more photos will be added.
 
The back with band removed
The back with the slip band on.
 
I had so much fun making this for my friend, Lori! This is such a great way to personalize a card as well as make it a gift they can display in their home. The best part is we give it to her tomorrow! SO...I don't have to keep a secret very long!!
Have a great day! :)
Aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment