Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentines Day!!

The first is a card I made today isfor the CAS(E) this Sketch, Color Throwdown and Technique Time Tuesday Challenges. I had a lot of fun combining all of these challenges and they were a great inspiration for this card I made for a wonderful friend of mine, Patty. She is always giving me encouragement in many different areas of my life and is a great cheerleader for me! ....Just the kind of friend everyone should have!
 

At Technique Time Tuesday the challenge is to use the Shaving Cream Technique on your projects. I decided to use it for my focal point image. The "U" is from my stash and is not SU! but I thought this was a perfect place for it. The little banners are Washi Tape and I added a few candy dots to continue the Valentine theme. This card was very simple and lots of fun to create!
On a side note... I have used this technique before on cards but last Easter we also used this technique to color Easter Eggs with my kids. Yes it was messy but they LOVED it!! We dipped the eggs in vinegar prior to placing them in shaving cream and they made the perfect Tie Dyed look.
Here are some pictures of the process.



Thanks for stopping by!!

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love your fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, Aimee! I love how you used the shaving cream technique. It really pops on the white card! Thanks for playing along this month at TTT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this card!!! SO fresh and fun--and perfect for Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty marbled heart. So fun to see your kids getting in on the creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great design! Love the marbled look of the shaving cream heart. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your marbled heart and those eggs look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card Aimee. Love the shaving cream technique on the heart. The sentiment is perfect. What a nice card to give to your friend. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is really lovely and a great example of the shaving cream technique, thank you for joining us at TTT.
    May I ask why the eggs were dipped in vinegar before dyeing?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes..love the marbled look of the heart and the chipboard U is fun!! Looks like the Easter egg making last year was fun....hope it is again this year!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card! Awesome use of the Technique! How fun to dye your eggs using the same technique!! That is so cool! :) Thank you so much for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhh Aimee, what a beautiful card. Love all the details on it. Great job. Thanks for playing along at CAS(E) this sketch and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love your card! You combined the 3 challenges together perfectly. I also love the idea of the dying the eggs with this Shaving Cream technique. Thanks for sharing with us this month at Technique Time Tuesday. - Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just love those eggs! Might try it this year with my kds (although they are 20.18 and 14 they still love things like this!) Wow! Fab card using the shaving cream technique, love your pink heart. Thanks for playing along at TTT this month

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete