Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Watercolor Butterflies


I just had to add another post today! Last night I was up creating very late and I tried something new. I was inspired by a card I saw on a blog by Jessica Witty using Watercolor Paints...I just loved it! I decided to recreate it using Stampin' Up! Products. Here are the results...

This is way out of the box for me! I used Shimmery white card stock and slightly spritzed it with water. I used reinkers and Aqua Painters to add the color to the card stock. When I needed the color to flow more I would add a small spritz of water. I added some simple butterflies and a sentiment.
I hope you enjoy this and try something "outside your box" today! :)

Aimee


Supplies used for Watercolor Butterflies
Stamp Sets: Word Play
Card stock:  Pacific Point, Shimmery White, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Perfect Plum DSP, Daffodil Delight DSP
Ink: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pacific Point, Perfect Plum, Basic Black
Accessories: Basic Rhinestones
Tools: Butterflies Embosslits


8 comments:

  1. I just love this card and technique!!! I am going to try my hand at this!! TFS!

    I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #63 with a link back to your blog on 5-13-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks!!

    Tiffany Bauer
    http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I found this card via Tiffany's blog (posted just above here) and I HAD to see how you made this. it's absolutely stunning.
    I will be giving this a try myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY! That is STUNNING! So So impressed! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Aimee! I just love this card! I have been trying in vain to make one myself, but mine just looks like a big glob of smeared paint. Can you tell me how you got yours so mottled looking and cool, please? I've tried pouncing, smearing, etc...to no avail. Can you tell me if you put a dot of reinker on your actual project, or did you put it on a plastic lid, then dip your aqua painter in? Sorry for all of the questions, but I'd love to case this for club and I need to get this stuff done asap. I will of course give you credit and a link. Thank you so much for your time and patience. You can get ahold of me at chandapie(at)cox(dot)net Thanks again! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this card in the Stampin' Success magazine and just fell in love with it. I made one and posted it and had so many wonderful comments and requests for a how to, that I did a tutorial that will post this weekend. I have credited you with the inspiration. I should have done that on the last one. I hope better late than never is ok! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bonnie! I did see your card and thought you did a wonderful job with the technique! I am excited to watch your tutorial this weekend! Thanks so much for the compliment!! :-)

      Delete