Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Dynamic Duos #25

I ma so excited for another great challenge at Dynamic Duos #25 this week! This is Black Tie week with the colors Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black AND a the desert option is using die cuts. Well, I love to use die cuts so I knew what I wanted to do right away...
I think I went a little die cut crazy! I really like how adding die cuts can add so much dimension to a card. My frame is made from the Label Framelits. I cut two different size frames and layered them on top of each other with dimensionals. I also used some homemade shimmer mist made with alcohol and shimmer paint. I thought this gave the frame a bit of a "spooky" look. The pumpkins are made with punches; small oval, large oval and 3/4 inch circle. I punched out 3 of the same shapes and layered them. I also added some ink to the edge with sponge daubers to add to the dimension.
This card was so much fun to make and assemble! You must see the wonderful inspiration from the other design team members and play along at Dynamic Duos!
 

6 comments:

  1. What a fun scene! I love the multiple frames and the dimension in those charming jack-o-lanterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH...I love this. I might just have to buy the framelets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun Halloween Card Aimee! Love those cuts jack o lanterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love this Halloween card Aimee - the frame looks FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it fun how you can completely change up a sketch? LOVE your Halloween card!
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aimee this is cute, cute, CUTE!! Love those fun jack-o-lanters and the way they just pop off the card with the framed die cuts. So cute and so perfect for the season. Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete