Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

"Fab Five" Snowmen

I was so excited to open my last Stampin' Up! order and see that the Frosty Friends stamp had arrived! I was so excited to use it right away! I looked up some challenges and thought I would join in on the fun at Fab Friday 04 color challenge and Freshly Made Sketches #56.  Also I found the Just Add Ink #139 challenge was to use something new! I have a new stamp and a new technique to share! So here is my card...

To color my five little guys I used Blender pen with ink from the top of stamp pad lids. I thought the Summer Starfruit would give a nice sunset color behind the snowmen too. It is hard to tell from the picture I took but the snowmen are puffy as well. I learned this FABULOUS technique from Leslie Orman and had to try it right away! She said to trace the snowmen with the stylus from the Simply scored. Turn the snowmen over and in a press is a circular motion filling in the bodies of the snowmen. AMAZING!!! I love techniques that are so simple but blow my socks off...Why didn't I think of that?? Great job Leslie and thanks for sharing!!
I do love the fall but this card makes me excited for the Winter season too! I am sure you will be seeing these "Fab Five" Snowmen often!
Aimee :)

 

11 comments:

  1. So cute! I really like how you cut the snowman out and colored them. I am definitely going to try out that technique too! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute! I just got this stamp too! It looks great with these colors and I love your layout! The embossing folder is perfect as well and that little bow is so sweet! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aimee! Very cute! Intriguing technique! I'll have to check that out! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous Christmas card Aimee! Love your colouring - don't you just love it when you learn something new? Love these non traditional colours for Christmas! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink and Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the rich colours you used for your frosty christmas card Aimee. The little touches of colour really bring the snowmen to life. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card, love the color combo together. Thanks for the tip on the snowmen. I do a similar routine on flower petals...never thought to use it on a snowman though! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card! Your water coloring looks awesome (love the sunset) and that technique is too cool. I need to try that one! Thanks for sharing your tip and for playing along at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful colour combination for a fun, happy Christmas card, Aimee. I love the 'sunset' colouring. Your card is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Aimee - what a cute card. Don't you love that snowflake embossing folder? So cool and so many ways to use it.
    I wanted to let you know that I gave you a BLOG AWARD this morning on my blog, and I'm your newest follower!
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job cutting out the snowmen and having them look like they are actually in a snowy place! Love how you used the colors! Thanks so much for playing with us at Fab Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep seeing this set and now I NEED to buy it, love the puffy look you've given the gang. Great card! So glad you could play with us at Fab Friday.

    ReplyDelete