Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Summer Sunshine

Fall is my most favorite time of the year but I do love that Summer sun! This week is Monochromatic week at Dynamic Duos #26 which means the same color in different hues. The colors of choice are So Saffron and More Mustard. I thought I could make a fun sunshine card with these colors!

I tried the Starburst technique several weeks ago and loved the outcome. I thought, "Why not make a SUNburst?" I used So Saffron DSP and More Mustard card stock. You can see HERE the instructions on the technique on the blog, Handmade by Julie. I used the Wood grain Impressions Folder to give the More Mustard Sun rays a little more texture. I punched the sun from So Saffron Card stock with the 1 3/8 circle punch. I sponged More mustard to add some dimension. I also sponged on the edges of the card face. I found the perfect sentiment in Pursuit of Happiness.
Check out all the great inspiration from the Dynamos and join in on the fun!! This is my last week as a Guest Designer. It has been so much fun and I have enjoyed working with this amazing team!! Thank you so much Dynamos! :)

 
Thanks so much for stopping by!! I am hoping to get back to more crafting very soon!! I have been taking and editing SO many portraits lately it has been cutting in to my crafting time! ;)
Aimee

8 comments:

  1. I really love the sun you created! Perfect for the colors!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Aimee! That sunburst is amazing! Thank you for joining us this past month, we have enjoyed having you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card!!!! Great technique! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How PRETTY Aimee ~ love,love your creative sunburst! So happy to have had you join us as a guest designer this past month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aimee, this is so bright and sunny! Love your sunburst with the embossed , and polka dot paper. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous theme choice for the colours this week Aimee, I have been admiring your card all week. Thanks for joining us as a Guest Designer for October.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love your sun - the texture and the patterns make it a little extra special!

    ReplyDelete