Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Fun Fall Leaves

I am so excited to have some time to make some cards this weekend! I have been missing out on some great challenges lately. One challenge that I have been wanting to join is the Nacho Average Challenge and this week was a sketch I couldn't pass up! I thought I would add the colors from the ColourQ challenge  #158 and see what I came up with.



 
These colors really screamed Halloween to me but I thought I would try another twist. Leaves can be full of so many colors. When I added the Orchid Opulence with the More Mustard and Tangerine Tango I loved the colors that were produced. I used the French Foliage Stamp Set with the Rock-n-roll technique. I used sponge daubers to add the color too. I used the splatter stamp to being out the brighter tones of the Orchid Opulence. This was a very fun and quick card to make and one that would look different every time depending on how you color the leaves.
Thanks for stopping by!!!
Aimee

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! Love the leaves!! And, nice use of the colors! Thanks for playing along with the Nachos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite stamp set looks great with these colors! Love the embossed woodgrain too - a perfect complement to the leaves. Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aimee, I have to say, bravo! I just love how you used the purple! Very creative and clever. Love the way you used our sketch. I hope we see more of your work. thank you for playing along with us @ NAC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice card. Never get tired of seeing all the fall cards, colors and ideas. Thanks for playing with the Nachos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Aimee, I love the woodgrain. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. French Foliage is one of my favorites, and I love your color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Great job combining challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete