Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Betsy's Bird in a Nest

Happy Saturday! Iam exctied to show you another sample from the the incolors and new stamp set, Betsy's Blossoms, from Stampin' Up! This is the first "bird" stamp I have owned so I am not quite sure what to do with it. Here is my first attempt....

I love the big bold stamps in this set! I wanted the entire card to resemble a tree with a bird sitting on a branch. The sunshine I stamped off once to allow the sentiment to be read easier. I used the masking technique for the tree and stamped off the branch a couple of times to show some dimension.
When it came to the bird, I just had to give her a nest. I used the Big Shot Adhesive Sheet and double punched with the small oval punch to form a nest. I pplied the adhesive sheet directly to the stamped card stock. I then used Linen Thread to form the nest. I love the texture this added to this card!
Here is a close up... 
Thanks so much for stopping by!! Have a great Mother's Day Weekend!!

Aimee

Stamp Sets: Betsy's Blossoms
Card stock:Gumball Green, Whisper White
Ink: Primrose Petals, Gumball Green, Summer Starfruit, Raspberry Ripple
Accessories: Linen Thread
Tools:Small Oval punch, Big Shot Adhesive Sheets, Scalloped Punch, Sponge Daubers

1 comment: