Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Sweet Friend

Happy Mother's Day!! I want to take a moment to thank my Mom!! She is everything I would hope to be as a mother, daughter, Christian and friend! Now that I am a mother I think of the love and patience she has shown me....unconditionally! I love you so much Mom!!

I decided to create a card for 2 challenges this week. This is actually the second card I created but the first just wasn't what I was looking for. This card is for the Create with Connie and Mary Sketch Challenge and well as the colourQ challenge #136. I think these challenges went really well together this week.


Here is my card... 
I love the stamps in the Mouthwatering stamp set! They are large bold images and so much fun! This card is made so that the banner that hang over the edge make this a standard sized card. I just love this look! I used the Pennant Die to add a background to the focal image. The stick for the popsicle is made by double punching the Word Window Punch. A no card is complete without a little "spritzer" of color. Other than my Big Shot and Paper Cutter, the Air Spritzer tool is a tool that I could NOT live without!!
This was such a fun card to make for both challenges!
Enjoy your day and Thanks for stopping by! :)
Aimee

Stamp Sets: Mouthwatering, Fabulous Phrases, Woodgrain Background Stamp
Card stock:Pear Pizzaz, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Always Artichoke, Whisper White, Crumb Cake
Ink: Pear Pizzaz, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, VersaMark, Crumbcake
Accessories: 1/8 Daffodil Delight Ribbon, Brights Brad, Tangerine Tango Ribbon, Tangerine Tango Embossing Powder
Tools:Word Window Punch, Bigz Pennant Die, Banners Framelits, Scalloped Trim Border Punch, Square Lattice Impressions folder,Air Spritzer Tool

10 comments:

  1. CUTE! Makes me want to go get ice cream :) I love the sentement being repeated down the side. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful popsicle image. Love your sentiments down the side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card Aimee! Love the ribbon you added to that cute popsicle stick and you've done a great job with the Q colors! Thanks so much for joining us at CCMC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy!! Such a super fun card! Love this image, too! These colors are perfect for summertime! Love the way you stamped the sentiment! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful! Love your summery card and all the different elements you brought together on it - CUTE! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the ribbon and DSP layered together!! This card is YUMMY!! Great color choice to combine with the sketch challenge!! Thanks for playing along with CCMC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card and I love that popcicle. Those colors are fabulous together. Congrats on last weeks blog candy too! Thanks for joining us this week over at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good enough to eat! Love the colors and the ribbon on the popsicle stick! Darling card. Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute how you stamped the sentiments by alternating directions and that Popsicle looks incredible against the yellow die shape. Thanks for playing CCMC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Makes me want a creamsicle real bad! Yummy! Very nice job with the card and challenge! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete