Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Megan's Butterfly

I love spending as much time as I can stamping and creating. It is a wonderful outlet for me. I do have a job outside the home...I am a dental hygienist...and I LOVE that too! I love meeting people and have made so many lifelong friends. My patients are so gracious to listen to all my endeavors that I begin and Stamping and Scrap booking is something they have been listening to for quite some time.
Well, the other day I had a Mom, Kelly, and her daughter, Megan, visit me. Megan is 4 and a wonderful little girl! When I saw Megan her outfit caught my eye. I thought, "WOW, that would make a fun card!" When we were done with our visit I told Megan that I was going to make a card that would match her outfit and send it to her. She was SO excited! I took her picture so I would remember, and they left. The funny thing is...Mom was not surprised at all at my request! I guess she is used to my craziness! LOL
Here is the card...

This is a great card for me to enter the Gingham Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. This challenge is a first for me. Megan's had gingham shorts with matching butterfles on her shirt. As soon as I say it I was trying to pik out the matching SU! inks. :) I have been wanting to try the gingham technique with the Impressions folder. I used the Tempting Turquoise first then Rose Red the second time. I added the Lucky Limeade with Blending Pens and ink. This worked fantastic! I used Rose Red Seam binding to make the body and antennas of the butterfly. the sentiment was embossed in white.
I am so excited to send this to Megan! I know how much my kids love to get mail!
Thanks for looking!

Aimee

Supplies used for Megan's Butterfly
Stamp Sets: Pursuit of Happiness
Card stock:Tempting Turquoise, Night of Navy, Rose Red, Lucky Limeade,Tempting TurquoiseDSP, Whisper White
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Rose Red, Lucky Limeade, VersaMark
Accessories: Basic Pearls, Rose Red Seam binding, White Embossing Powder,
Tools: Eyelet Border Punch, 3/4 inch circle punch, Polka Dot Impressions folder, Striped Impressions folder, Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die, Big Shot

5 comments:

  1. So cute---I love your card.
    Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! Love the colorful gingham. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gingham butterfly is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color combo! I love the multi colored gingham-awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Aimee! Thanks for linking this up to the Gingham Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete