Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Create with Connie and Mary Challenge 200

I have really enjoyed playing the Create with Connie and Mary Challenges the last few weeks. It really helps me to think outside the box and try things I have never thought of trying before. The are celebrating their 100th Challenge this week! Congrats to them! Click Here to see the Challenge 
Since this is a special challenge, we are doing a special theme...
  • Make a celebration card
  • Use your favorite designer series paper from the MAIN catalog (before it retires)
  • OPTIONAL: Use a banner or pennant on your card
Here is my card...


When I designed this card, I was thinking of my mom. this will be her card for "Mother's Day." She has began to gain an interest in card making and it is something we enjoy doing together. She prefers for me to come up with the ideas, but she loves learning all the different techniques. We all know how much fun it is to teach somebody something new and watch the excitement in their eyes when they "get it!"
OK...back to the card! :) I tried a new technique using the Labelits die to create an embossed image. I used the silicone rubber mat and  impressions pad with the Big Shot on Tab 1. I was very happy with how this turned out and how easy it was to do. I used a Post It Note to keep the framelit from moving. The Bordering on Romance flowers on the label were stamped off twice.
Thanks for stopping by!
Aimee

Stamp Sets: PS I Love you, Bordering on Romance
Card stock: Island Indigo, Baha Breeze, Whisper White, Twitterpated DSP
Ink: Baha Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Blushing Bride Stampin Write Marker
Accessories: Blushing Bride Ribbon, Basic Pearls
Tools: Air Spritzer, Labelits Dies,1 1/4 square punch,VintageWallpaper Impressions folder,Big Shot

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the design you used to show off the pretty papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love how you used the different designer papers and incorporated the banners - very creative! Love the pleated ribbon and the embossed labels! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cards using paper strips are really popular right now. You've chosen great patterns to coordinate and I really like how you did your focal image with the little pearls. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great use of the Twitterpated paper! I love the use of the banners on a card (could you tell?) and yours look wonderful! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure your mom will love this very, very elegant card. Looks nice paired up with the DSP. So glad you celebrated with us during our Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card! I love those banners and that ribbon is the perfect finishing touch. So glad you've been joining us over at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Amiee, this is fabulous! I love how you've layered and stacked the DSP banners and the "embossed" label framelit is fantastic! Love the subtle stamping behind the sentiment too. Beautiful card! Thank you for joining our celebration challenge at CCMC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So elegant with those DSP banners...Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with our 100th Celebration Challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete